Friday, March 30, 2012

First Race of the Year already...Oceanside 70.3

WOw....can't believe the first race of the season is already here. Made it here to San Diego a few days ago and have had a chance to swim, bike and run on the course. First off, man is that water cold!! I made the mistake of taking a dip in the fresh 58 degree water without any ear plugs and cap....yeah I didn't last long. My buddy Greg had a little laugh seeing me splash around like a wounded seal out there with my head out of the water. Needless to say, I was happy to have done it, I now will be prepared for tomorrow morning. I did IM St. George last year and was quite reminiscent.

Overall feeling descent, we'll see what that means tomorrow. Heather will be on my twitter posting updates when she can. It is a 1 loop swim, 1 loop bike and 2 loop run, so probably not much info early on. Apparently there is an iPhone app called IronTrac that you can track athletes easy, I think its like $.99.

Looking forward to a fun day, the backdrop here in Oceanside is awesome! Additionally, I really am looking forward to racing with the Wattie Ink Elite Team. Sean Watkins has done an awesome job organizing it and the support from the sponsors has been "big league."

Rockin' the 'dub',
Crazy J

No comments: