Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Keepin It Mellow


Today was a pretty mellow day, didn’t really do too much other than train and hang. Jeff and I went down to the swim start around 8AM and swam for 30 minutes. There was quite a bit of chop today, definitely the most I have swam in since I have been here. Took it easy for the first half of the swim and was very comfortable and smooth. On the return leg, I decided I would give it a “punch” and see how I felt. I felt great!!! The only thing was that I was going into the waves. Even though I was battling the waves, I felt very strong in effort and in control.

Got some lunch and headed out on a spectacular ride of the country side where all the vineyards were. If you are ever here and want a good two hour ride, you should definitely check this one out. Basically headed Northeast out of town toward Naramata. There are probably like 20 wineries on the way. I think I will be visiting them on Friday with Erin (Jeff's wife) and my parents. No tasting of course, probably will end up being the DD. :) The route takes takes you along side of Okanagan Lake. The scenery is amazing! I tried to catch a pic looking back towards Penticton.

I didn’t run today, just wasn’t up to it. Felt my swim and ride was enough.

Ironman Village opened today. Town is starting to get a tad busy. I was reading in the paper that this will be the biggest Ironman start in history. There are over 2700 athletes registered for the 25th anniversary of this race. This will be the 2nd time that Jeff and I have raced at "biggest IM start." Back in 2004 at IM Wisconsin when we raced, it was the biggest start in IM history at that point as well. Gonna be crazy at the swim start. I wish they have people to hold up “time sticks” in the water so that people could get themselves in the appropriate place, kinda like a huge marathon where they corral people. I think it would help with such a huge race.

Ohhh...I almost forgot, but I got my race suit today in the mail!!! Thanks to Jason at Titanwear for getting it together. It is awesome, I am totally psyched to wear it. Maybe I’ll post a pic in the next day or two of the race day equipment. To give you a little hint, it is all white with red stitching. That is my theme this year, all white. Don't ask. :) It will be perfect to match my newly painted machine.

In any case, off to hit the sack. Check in tomorrow. Will go and pick up my race packet after my short SBR.

Snoozin',
J

No comments: