Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Givin' Boulder a TRI.....


I have been "playing" around in triathlons for about 6 years now. It all started when I was 19 and living with my brother Jeff in Nashville. He coerced me into running, almost literally starting with a mile. His ability to convince me to run to this day is still a mystery. We had some melt downs that summer running, but by the end, I ran my first 5K. At the same time, we started swimming at the local pool. Those were the days when 25 meters was breath taking. He gave me my first bike, a Fuji, and the rest is history. 5 Ironman's later, I was once again given the opportunity by my brother to move with him and his family for a few months to Boulder to train. I just graduated from the Physician Assistant program at Wake Forest University, but I guess that will be on hold temporally. In the meantime, I will try to keep track of this journey, not only about Ironman, but the little life lessons from those around me.

Livin' the Dream,
John

P.S. The pic above is of my mother and I, one of my best friends/supporter/biggest believer in me.

No comments: